(1) a pedophile
(2) a serial rapist
(3) a sociopathic murderer
(4) a greedy corporate CEOAt some point, you come under some kind of conviction for your wrongdoings. You are conflicted. You are troubled. Someone gives you a copy of pastor Rob Bell's new book, "Love Wins." After reading Bell's book, you surmise that - according to Bell - your options are as follows:
(1) Make different choices in your life so as to stop "creating hell" for the people in your life affected by your choices, and after you die, you will spend eternity in heaven; or,
(2) Spend the rest of your life doing what you are already doing, with the understanding that when you die, you will (according to Rob Bell's theology about hell) spend some time being "pruned" by undergoing "an intense experience of correction" ("Love Wins" p.91)....after which you will spend eternity in heaven.
What is your choice?
And now for the bigger questions:
- Is this what Jesus taught?
- Is this historic, orthodox Christianity?
- How is justice served in this scenario?
What Is The Emerging Church Movement and Why Is It Dangerous?